Lemongrass, also known as barbed wire grass or Cochin grass, has a similar citrusy scent to lemons. Lemongrass oil is among the best essential oils for anxiety and stress relief with its fruity and uplighting fragrance.
It is known for its antibacterial, antiviral, and antifungal capabilities, being able to deodorize and disinfect your home or office space naturally. You can also use it as a home remedy for soothing stomach aches, muscle cramps, headaches, and migraines.
Additionally, lemongrass oil is popular among natural beauty and skincare enthusiasts because of its astringent properties that help to tighten wrinkled skin and soothe skin irritations. It is also an effective essential oil for skin and body care and can be used to alleviate skin conditions.
Key Components of Lemon Essential Oil
- Bottle size – 15 ml
- Best Use – Aromatherapy, for anxiety and depression, relief from pain and muscle cramps, antimicrobial properties, skin and body care
- Place of Origin – India
- Extracted from – The leaves of the Cymbopogon flexuous (Lemongrass) plant
- Primary Constituents – geranial (aldehyde)
- Extraction Method – Steam Distillation
- Aroma – Sour, zesty
How We Formulate It
All our N8 Essentials products are made only with USDA certified essential oils with the best available techniques. We handpick the best lemongrass (Cymbopogon flexuous) leaves and extract their main oil-producing constituent geranial (aldehyde) through the steam distillation method. No chemical fertilizers and preservatives are added to any of our essential oils and blends.
Ingredient Used: USDA certified organic lemongrass essential oil.
Why Our Customers Love It
Lemongrass oil is highly preferred for its uplifting fragrance and multiple health benefits. Some of the key ones include:
- Provides relief from anxiety, stress, and depression
- Has strong antibacterial, antiviral, and antifungal properties
- Helps in soothing pain, inflammation, and cramps
- Has astringent properties and helps in tightening wrinkled skin
- Has insect-repellant capabilities and also soothes itchy bug bites
- Acts as a natural deodorizer and disinfectant
Directions for use:
- Use lemongrass oil in a diffuser to get relief from stress, anxiety, and seasonal depression.
- Dilute it with a carrier oil and massage on aching or inflamed areas of your body to boost blood circulation and reduce pain.
- Mix a few drops into water and use it as a natural air freshener.
- Dilute lemongrass oil and use it externally on your face to tighten your skin and reduce dark spots and acne.
- You can also use it after diluting to soothe skin conditions like eczema and psoriasis.
- Mix a few drops of it into your daily bathing gel, shampoo, or conditioner for healthier skin and hair.
- Do not ingest lemongrass oil as it is meant for external use only.
- Store it somewhere out of your children’s reach.
- While using it in a diffuser, make sure that your surroundings are well-ventilated.
- Conduct a patch test before extensive use. Apply a minute amount after diluting to a small patch of your skin and check for irritations.
- Consult your physician before using lemongrass oil if you are pregnant or under medical treatment.
- Use all N8 Essentials products only as mentioned on the label.
What are the benefits of organic lemongrass essential oil?
Lemongrass stands among the most effective essential oils for antibacterial and antifungal capabilities and can be used as a natural disinfectant and deodorizer. It relieves stress and can also repel insects and soothe bug bites.
Is lemongrass oil good for natural hair?
Yes. The proteins and nutrients in lemongrass promote healthy hair follicles, reduce hair loss, reduce hair loss, and make your hair stronger.
Can I use lemongrass oil on my face?
Yes. When diluted with a suitable carrier oil, lemongrass oil helps brighten your skin tone and reduce signs of aging. It is considered one of the best essential oils for body and skin care and can be mixed with your daily soap or bathing gel.
Can I mix lemon oil with coconut oil?
Yes. You can mix a few drops of lemongrass oil with coconut oil to massage your scalp. You can also mix it with lavender, lemon, sandalwood, and cedarwood essential oil for unique combinations of aromas.
Is lemongrass essential oil good for anxiety?
Yes. Lemongrass oil is known for its antidepressant characteristics and is a potent essential oil for anxiety and stress relief. Use it in a diffuser or in DIY scented candles to create a calming and grounding ambiance in your home or office.
What other essential oils go well with lemongrass?
You can pair a number of essential oils with lemongrass including sandalwood, lemon, lavender, grapefruit, orange, and bergamot essential oil for fresh and unique fragrances.