Vetiver, also known as Ruh Khus, Khus, or bunchgrass, has an intense, smoky aroma with slightly woody and earthy notes. When used in a diffuser, it fills any space with a deeply relaxing and reviving ambiance that helps you deal with daily fatigue and exhaustion.
Among the most potent essential oils for anxiety and depression, it helps your mind channel thoughts and drives away negative energy. Vetiver organic oil is a great concentration booster and helps increase your productivity at work or in studies.
Moreover, vetiver contains antibacterial and anti-inflammatory capabilities, making it perfect for skin care and DIY cleaners and sanitizers. It is also a natural insect repellent and keeps ants, termites, beetles, and bugs away.
Key Components of Vetiver Essential Oil
- Bottle size – 15 ml
- Best Use – Aromatherapy, stress relief, anxiety and depression, boosts focus, antibacterial and antiseptic
- Place of Origin – South India; Sri Lanka
- Extracted from – The root of the Chrysopogon zizanioides (vetiver) plant
- Primary Constituents – isovalencenol (sesquiterpene alcohol)
- Extraction Method – Steam distillation
- Aroma – Smoky, earthy, woody
How We Formulate It
All our offerings at N8 Essentials are made with USDA-certified organic essential oils and are devoid of any toxic chemical or synthetic preservative. We subject the best quality of Chrysopogon zizanioides (vetiver) roots to a steam distillation process where heated steam and soft pressure are used in tandem to extract isovalencenol (sesquiterpene alcohol), the oil-rich compound. We then filter it and pack it in an ideal 15 ml bottle that you can carry and use easily.
Ingredients: Pure organic Chrysopogon zizanioides (vetiver) Essential Oil
Why Our Customers Love It
A widely sought-after essential oil for fragrance, vetiver promises various aromatherapy and other health advantages.
- A grounding and uplifting aroma that fills any space
- Provides relief from stress and daily fatigue
- Soothes anxiety and seasonal depression
- Enhances concentration and facilitates your work and studies
- Promotes deep and long-lasting sleep
- Helps treat skin irritations and inflammations
- Nourishes and fortifies your scalp and hair
- Acts as a natural insect repellent without harmful chemicals
- Blends well with several other essential oils such as ylang ylang, juniper, sandalwood, lavender, patchouli, wintergreen, lemon, orange, and grapefruit
Directions for Use:
- One of the best essential oils for anxiety and fatigue, you can diffuse vetiver oil in your room or car to promote a deeply calming and relaxing experience that improves mental clarity and helps deal with negative thoughts. Try it in our top-quality essential oil diffusers for the best results.
- Dilute it with a carrier oil blend like jojoba, fractionated coconut, or sweet almond, and apply it topically to reduce skin inflammations and heal damaged skin.
- You can also apply it after diluting to cramped muscles and aching joints to impart a soothing feeling.
- Add a few drops of organic vetiver oil to your daily shampoo or conditioner to strengthen your scalp and repair damaged hair.
- Use it in a diffuser or spray bottle to purify the air of microbes and deodorize and sanitize surfaces and rooms.
- Spray it on your outdoor garments and accessories to keep away bugs, ants, termites, etc.
- For external use only: Do not swallow or ingest vetiver essential oil.
- Choking hazard: Keep the bottle out of the reach of your children.
- Make sure your surroundings are properly ventilated before diffusing vetiver oil.
- Do not use it without getting your doctor’s approval if you are pregnant, nursing, or under medical treatment.
- Before using it extensively, do a patch test first. Apply a few diluted drops of vetiver oil to a small area of your skin and check for irritation and allergies.
- All N8 Essentials products are to be used only as mentioned on the label.
What is vetiver essential oil good for?
Vetiver is regarded among the best essential oils for stress and anxiety relief. It imparts an uplifting and rejuvenating ambiance that helps you focus and get rid of negative emotions. It also has various applications in skin and hair care and acts as a potent insect repellent as well.
What is the use of vetiver in Ayurveda?
Vetiver essential oil is known in Ayurveda (ancient Indian herbal medicine) as a natural antiseptic and detoxifying agent. It also has antimicrobial abilities and can be used as a DIY cleaner and sanitizer.
Why is vetiver essential oil so expensive?
Vetiver requires specific climatic and geographical conditions to grow and hence is quite a rare plant in most parts of the globe. It is relatively more expensive than other essential oils due to its wide range of uses in cosmetics and aromatherapy.
Can I put vetiver essential oil directly on my skin?
No, dilute organic vetiver oil with a suitable carrier oil base like jojoba, olive, or fractionated coconut before applying it to your skin and body.
Does vetiver oil whiten skin?
Vetiver is a widely preferred pure organic essential oil for naturally toning and brightening your skin. It exfoliates your skin and reduces dark spots and sun damage.
What other essential oils pair well with vetiver?
You can mix vetiver oil with various other essential oils such as cedarwood, ylang ylang, cypress, orange, lemon, grapefruit, juniper, patchouli, lavender, and tangerine to create unique fragrances.