Cypress oil evokes the warm aroma of a lush green forest with its earthy, woody, and slightly smoky notes. At N8 Essentials, we use only certified organic essential oils and make sure that no harmful and synthetic chemicals go into our products.
Along with its vibrant fragrance, cypress oil is rich in anti-inflammatory compounds and is used topically as an antispasmodic to enhance respiratory health, enhance skin, and relieve muscle cramps. It is also an ideal coagulating agent for treating wounds and skin irritations.
Key Components of Cypress Certified Essential Oil
- Bottle Size – 15 ml
- Best Use – As a fragrance oil, for body care, respiratory health, and skin care.
- Country of Origin – Spain
- Extracted from – The twigs, stems, and leaves of the Cupressus Sempervirens (Cypress) tree
- Primary Constituent – A-pinene (monoterpene)
- Extraction Method – Steam Distillation
How We Formulate It
At N8 Essentials, our primary focus is to bring you nothing but 100% plant-based high-quality essential oils in the USA. For the Cypress Oil, we carefully choose the best Cupressus Sempervirens (Cypress) plants and extract its main oil-producing compound A-pinene (monoterpene) via the process of steam distillation.
Why Our Customers Love It
One of the best essential oils for room fragrance, Cyprus oil has a crisp and woody aroma that fills your surroundings with a refreshing and serene aura. It also has several health-related and other benefits. The key ones include:
- Antibacterial and anti-microbial properties.
- Provides relief from respiratory difficulties, clears the respiratory system, and eases symptoms of coughs, colds, and bronchitis.
- Works well for wound healing as a natural antiseptic and anti-inflammatory oil for external use.
- Rich in bioactive compounds that help in blood-clotting and treating minor cuts, burns, and bruises.
- Has insect repellent properties and helps keep bugs and insects away.
- Can be used in soaps, shampoos, and shower gels for skin, hair, and body care.
- Reduces anxiety, and stress, and promotes calmness and relaxation.
Directions For Use:
- Dilute with a carrier oil or pour a few drops into your daily moisturizer or cleanser to improve skin health and reduce acne and irritations.
- Use it in a diffuser or spray bottle to freshen your room and purify the air.
- Blend it with a carrier oil to use it as a massage oil and get relief from muscle cramps and joint pains.
- Enhance your bath experience by incorporating a few drops of Cypress Essential Oil into warm bathwater for a soothing and revitalizing soak.
- Do not ingest cypress oil or administer it orally. Use it topically only.
- Choking hazard: Store it somewhere your children cannot reach.
- Perform a patch test by applying the oil on a small area of skin before extensive daily use.
- If you are under treatment, pregnant, or nursing, consult your physician before using cypress oil.
We have picked up some of the usual queries you might have while trying cypress oil for the first time and answered them below.
What is cypress essential oil good for?
Besides being one of the best essential oils for fragrance, Cypress oil is also quite useful in treating skin irritations and minor cuts, providing relief from muscle and joint pain, and improving respiration.
Is cypress essential oil safe for the skin?
Yes, cypress oil can be used topically to improve skin health, treat acne, and decrease face puffiness, etc. It is also used for improving skin tone and reducing signs of aging. However, to prevent potential skin sensitivity, it is advisable to dilute Cypress Essential Oil with a carrier oil before applying it to the skin.
Can I put cypress oil in my hair?
Yes, cypress essential oil is effective in improving hair growth, reducing scalp irritations, and preventing hair breakage when used as hair oil with a carrier oil, or with shampoo.
What does cypress essential oil blend well with?
Cypress can be mixed with several other oils including Lavender, Clary Sage, chamomile, lemon, pine, Ylang Ylang, and cedarwood essential oil.
Does cypress essential oil repel bugs?
Yes, cypress oil acts as a natural insect repellent. Just like all N8 Essentials products, our Cyprus Organic oil is made from 100% USDA-certified essential oils that are absolutely free from harmful chemicals or synthetic ingredients.
What are the side effects of cypress essential oil?
Cypress essential oil may cause some side effects if not used with caution. It can cause dryness and irritation especially if you have sensitive skin or allergies.
Who is not recommended to use cypress essential oil?
We do not recommend the use of this product for kids, pets, persons under medical treatment, those with allergic tendencies, or pregnant women.
Is cypress essential oil antibacterial?
Yes, cypress oil is one of the most potent essential oils for antibacterial and antimicrobial purposes. It can be diluted with carrier oil and applied externally to clean wounds and cuts.
Does cypress oil tighten skin?
Cypress oil has astringent properties and is among the best essential oils for body care. It is effective in constricting and tightening skin tissues and balancing sebum production within skin layers.