Fennel comes from the Latin word for ‘hay’ and was first cultivated and used in the Mediterranean region. Sweet fennel comes from the same family as aniseed and has a similar herbaceous and aniseedy aroma.
At N8 Essentials, we use only the best organic essential oils to create our products and the Fennel Sweet Certified Organic Essential Oil is no different. It is known for its widespread use as an essential fragrance oil along with several key health benefits such as antioxidant, anti-inflammatory, and antidepressant properties.
Key Components of Fennel Sweet Essential Oil
- Bottle size – 15 ml
- Best Use – Aromatherapy, respiratory benefits, immune aid, skin and body care, and for better digestion
- Place of Origin – The Mediterranean region
- Extracted from – The seeds of the Foeniculum Vulgare (Fennel) plant
- Primary Constituents – trans-Anethole, fenchone
- Extraction Method – Steam Distillation
- Aroma – Sweet, peppery, black licorice
How We Formulate It
We are committed to bringing you the best essential oils for fragrance in the USA, made entirely from plant-based ingredients following the latest principles and regulations.
To produce the fennel sweet oil, we handpick fennel plants of the finest quality and strain out trans-Anethole and fenchone, the oil-containing compounds. This is done through the process of steam distillation where a mix of soft pressure and heated stem is applied to the fennel seeds.
Ingredient Used: 100% Organic Foeniculum Vulgare Oil
Why Our Customers Love It
All of our products are made using 100% USDA-certified essential oils and are absolutely free from synthetic chemicals and artificial preservatives.
Apart from being a widely used fragrance oil, sweet fennel essential oil has a range of health benefits and other applications as pointed out below.
- Supports healthy lung activity; helps in the treatment of cough and cold
- Has astringent and antiseptic properties
- Helps in improving digestion and gut health
- Can be used to treat minor cuts and bruises
- Helps to cleanse, tone, and moisturize skin
- Useful for reducing muscle and joint pains
- Promotes nerve health; provides relief from stress, anxiety, and depression
Directions for Use:
- Dilute fennel sweet oil with a carrier oil and massage over relevant body parts to get relief from muscle and joint pain.
- Put it in a diffuser and inhale for better respiratory health.
- Use it topically as a natural moisturizer, toner, and makeup remover.
- Blend with a carrier oil or conditioner and massage on the scalp to reduce hair fall.
- Use it as a natural room freshener in diffusers and spray cans.
- Sweet fennel oil is for external oil only. Do not take the oil orally.
- Store it somewhere your children cannot reach.
- Diffuse it in a well-ventilated area and with ample break periods in between.
- Before extensive use, conduct a patch test by using over a small area of skin.
- Take your physician’s advice before using fennel sweet oil if you are under treatment, pregnant, or nursing.
- Our products should be used only as directed on the label.
It is quite common to have doubts while using new essential oils for the first time. We have clarified the usual ones below.
What is sweet fennel essential oil good for?
Fennel sweet oil is beneficial for healthy digestion and respiratory problems. It is also rich in skin-fortifying and immunity-enhancing properties.
Where do I apply fennel essential oil?
A potent essential oil for body massage, sweet fennel oil can be used topically over body parts to reduce pain and cramps. You can also use it in a diffuser or a spray can as a room freshener.
Is fennel oil good for breathing?
Yes, fennel sweet oil is effective in clearing up respiratory congestion and treating cough and cold. You can also try our Breathe Easy Blend for better respiratory health.
What does fennel sweet essential oil do for the skin?
Fennel sweet essential oil is rich in anti-inflammatory compounds and is effective in soothing and calming your skin to make it look healthier. It can also be used as a moisturizer and skin toner.
Is fennel oil good for digestion?
Yes, sweet fennel essential oil is effective in improving digestion and in treating digestive tract disorders. Buy our Digestive Aid Essential Oil Blend for better gut health.
What other oil blends well with sweet fennel oil?
Sweet fennel oil mixes well with many other essential oils such as Lavender, Frankincense, Rose, and Bergamot Essential Oil.
What essential oils are good for the immune system?
Many essential oils help to improve the immune system including sweet fennel, eucalyptus, lemon, ginger, and cinnamon oil. You can also try our Immune Aid Essential Oil Blend for better results.